While the Warzone meta remains most chaotic, the developers have made a new balancing, further weakening assault rifles.
The least we can say is that since the Season 4 Reloaded kicked off and the update that followed, the daily life of players on Warzone has not been a smooth ride. Between brightness issues on Caldera, the frustrating bug that affected gas masks, not to mention the ever-so-capricious battle royale meta, players’ patience has been sorely tested.
As the Warzone community sounded the alarm on social media, the developers rolled out a new patch, the second since the Season 4 Reload kicked off, to try to remedy these various issues.
Patch notes of the August 3 Warzone update
Warzone Weapon Balancing
- Mirzoyan 414mm Custom
- Bullet velocity increased by 35%.
- Headshot damage multiplier increased from 1.5 to 1.3.
- Shot deflection increased
KG M40 (VG)
- Head shot damage multiplier reduced to 1.32, down from 1.46.
- Neck damage multiplier increased from 1.3 to 1.32.
- Min damage decreased to 21, instead of 22
- VDD 287mm
- Damage range penalty increased to -25%, instead of -10%.
- Bullet speed penalty increased to -20%, instead of -10%.
- Vertical recoil penalty increased to -21%, instead of -12%.
- Krausnick 428mm 05V
- Damage range reduced to 26%, instead of 40%.
- Decreased min damage to 22, instead of 23
Armaguerra 43 (VG)
- ADS velocity range increased from 1.4 to 1.36.
- 34 round Russian .30 caliber magazine
- Damage range penalty increased to -25%, instead of -14%.
- Loader of 72 rounds of 8mm Kurz
- Damage range reduced to 5%, instead of 10%.
- Movement speed penalty increased to -5%, instead of -4.2%.
- Imerito 18mm short
- ADS speed bonus reduced to 18%, instead of 20%.
Marco 5 (VG)
- ADS transition time increased from 190 ms to 200 ms.
- Increased vertical recoil
H4 Blixen (VG)
- Max damage reduced to 39, instead of 40.
- Max damage range reduced to 8 meters, instead of 9 meters.
- ADS transition time increased from 190 ms to 210 ms.
- Bergstrom 17″ F3
- Bullet speed reduced to 35%, instead of 50%.
- Movement speed increase removed, instead of 3%.
- Movement speed increase ADS removed, instead of 6%.
- 7.62 Gorenko 54 Round Mag
- Movement speed decreased by 2%.
- ADS transition time increased from 2% to -3%.
- Neck and torso damage multiplier reduced to 1.0, instead of 1.1.
- Upper torso damage multiplier reduced to 1.0, instead of 1.1.
- Lower torso damage multiplier reduced to 1.0, instead of 1.1.
- 16″ Wrapped CGC
- Damage range penalty decreased to -20%, down from -30%.
- 28″ Gracey Mk. 9
- Damage range increased to 30%, up from 15%.
- 45 round .303 British magazine
- Range penalty decreased to -10%, down from -20%.
VLK Rogue (MW)
- Max projectile damage reduced to 38, from 60.
- Min projectile damage increased to 15, from 14.
- The recoil control was reduced from 4% to 3%.
Corrections deployed on Warzone
- The issue where players were receiving damage when entering the gas due to a slight delay in the gas mask animation has been fixed.
- Sometimes an incorrect amount of armor when equipping or obtaining the Soaked asset was applied, the issue has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the lighting on Caldera to change unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue where the “Last Living” card was displaying incorrect text.
- The issue that was causing some Season 4 Reloaded calling cards to display incorrect text has been fixed.